It’s the time of year to cozy up to bonfires, snuggle under a blanket, and sip some caramel apple cider. The cooler weather has us moving inside for quality family time and entertaining. Is your home feeling cozy and comfortable? Are your spaces ready for fall and holiday entertaining?
Here are some tips and trends to make sure your home rises to the occasion.
Paint with warm toned colors like Sherwin Williams warm Neutrals for 2022
2. Incorporate vintage finds and accessories
3. Consider natural finishes
4. Create a cozy home. Try using fabrics and accessories that are casual and comfortable to create the look and feel you want to snuggle into.
5. Add Pops of Bold color. If you’re not Courageous enough to make it permanent with paint add color with fabric and accessories that match the season.
6. Arrange fall floral for a great temporary update.
Often what’s trending in design is trending in tile, too. In 2022, we’re seeing lots of hexagons, dark, dramatic colors, like navy blue, dark green and black, brick looks, patterned or encaustic tiles and mixed metallics. Classic subway tiles are still popular but colors besides white are starting to make appearances, keeping this look fresh and interesting. Patterned tiles, especially if they are used up to the ceiling to cover an entire wall, give your space the look and feel of wallpaper in an easy-to-care-for material. Glass splashbacks, which are large pieces of tempered glass that usually have a pattern or print, are popular in Europe and have begun making their mark in the United States. Use these eye-catching pieces to make a statement over a stovetop or behind a sink.